Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Mosman is a school that, in partnership with the parish of Sacred Heart Mosman, works to provide quality education through effective teaching and learning experiences that prepare our children to engage successfully with society now and in the future.
Our school motto is ‘Faith, Generosity, Courage’. At the centre of our playground, our school logo reminds us that we are challenged to complete the work of Jesus with hands that, ‘reach up in prayer and out in care.’
Here at Sacred Heart we work hand in hand with our parish and families to give our children the message that each one of them is seen as unique and very special, loved by their parents, cared for by their community and most importantly loved by their God.
Sacred Heart has a committed staff who continually endeavour to achieve educational excellence by employing pedagogies that reflect the needs of the children and the world in which they live.
I look forward to welcoming you and your child soon.
The origin of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Mosman was not in the education systems or buildings, but in the deep desire of parents to have their children educated and formed in faith as well as academic subjects.
The school is part of a rich historical tradition that is ongoing.
- 1900: Sisters of Mercy build St Bridget’s School, a school for girls from Kindergarten to Year 9.
- 1922: Arrival of Marist Brothers and the construction of a new school on present site.
- 1983: Marist Sacred Heart Mosman commenced with over 300 pupils, 11 lay teachers and Br Crispin as first principal.
- 1993: The final Marist Brother, Brother Peter O’Driscoll, retired as principal.
- 1998: A major parish building project began under Monsignor Eugene Harley.
- 2000: A new Sacred Heart School built on the site, blessed and opened on June 25.
- 2005: The former Marist Brothers school is demolished.
- 2009: Sacred Heart benefits from the Federal Government’s Building the Education Revolution (BER) with a new hall and library, the latter built as part of the generosity of the Sacred Heart Parish donating the office space in the building. Both spaces were officially opened in October 2011.
- 2016: Saw a further upgrade of the hall into a much more comfortably appointed facility, providing three air-conditioned and carpeted flexible, multi-purpose learning environments.
The present parish priest at Sacred Heart Mosman is Fr Phil Linder, who was educated at Marist Brothers Primary and High School in Mosman and brings much of this experience, memories and shared history to our school.
Our school symbol, the hand which completes the Cross (a symbol of Christ’s suffering) is ‘reaching up in prayer and out in care’.
Our philosophy and approach to learning and teaching is embedded in our mission, planting seeds for tomorrow through
Our hope is that children will be motivated by a dynamic learning environment, developing as engaged, focused and independent learners.
Our school parish consists of Sacred Heart Catholic School and Church Mosman, St Joseph’s Neutral Bay, St Therese’s Church Beauty Point and Blessed Sacrament School and Church Clifton Gardens.
These parishes are collectively known as the parishes of Sydney Harbour North. Our Parish Priest, Fr Phil Linder and his assistant are wonderful supporters of Sacred Heart School, visiting regularly, celebrating mass for us at the beautiful parish church across the road and always taking an active interest in the spiritual and pastoral wellbeing of children, staff and parents.
Our parish Sacramental coordinator, Thomas Dabbah, works closely with families, children and school leadership team members to support the children in their Sacramental life.
Theresa Wilkins, our parish secretary is always ready and at hand to liaise between the school and the parish.
Mrs Mary Lozina, our Family Educator liaises between parish and school and organises grade/parish Masses each year.
Fr Phil Linder
P: (02) 9969 6600
Saturday: 6.15pm (Vigil)
Sunday: 9.00am (Family Mass), 11.00am (Mass), 6.00pm (Youth and Young Adults Mass)
Sacred Heart Parish
P:(02) 8969 3200
F: (02) 9960 2151
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are communities that ignite a love of Christ, inspire a love of learning in the Catholic tradition and empower students to reach their full potential.